Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Prayer Buddy Reveal

I'm a little late posting this because DH and I took a short getaway right after Christmas.  I'll update on our Christmas and time away soon, but that meant my Prayer Buddy got several extra days of prayers as she was on my mind this week while I thought about posting.

This Advent I had the privilege of praying for J. at Blessed Be Lord.  I immediately felt a connection to her because of recurrent pregnancy loss.  I prayed for all of her intentions each morning and included her in DH and I's prayer time in the evening.  She was never far from my thoughts or prayers during Advent.  Her faith is so beautiful and even the intentions she listed were so selfless...thinking of others, not only herself.  It was neat to see how her faith was growing through her time of waiting, and I just felt like her time of waiting was soon coming to an end. I was thrilled when she got a positive pregnancy test right before Christmas, and then devastated with her when that little life ended.  If you haven't visited her blog before, go over and give her some extra prayers right now as she grieves.

J- I will continue to pray for you and your DH and the intentions you listed.  I'm sending you something that was really helpful for me after my 2nd pregnancy loss.  Here's a little taste from page 34, Study the storms we see in Scripture.  Jesus was right there in the middle of them, never leaving his beloved for a moment.  On the surface, God does things that just don't make sense, but if you hold on you'll see that He truly has a magnificent plan for your life and He really is working all things for your good.  God knows just how to bring you forth from the cocoon of sorrow and grief and watch you emerge victorious!

As hard as it is to believe now, Jesus still remains right by your side through the pain of another loss.  Cling to your faith during this difficult time.  You WILL emerge victorious.

And the crazy thing is....J. was praying for me during Advent!  How awesome is that?!?  And what are the chances that two prayer buddies would be matched up with each other.  Cool, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I have tears reading this. Thank you so much for all your Prayers! I just knew you were going to be my Prayer Buddy and I couldn't have asked for a better Prayer Buddy. Amazing power of the Holy Spirit. Your prayers have helped me so much as I grieve. God led me to your blog to give me hope, to tell me that there is hope after RPL. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete