
Veterans' Day today and I'm thinking of my favorite WWII veteran- my grandfather. He was a member of the 101st Airborne and was a paratrooper. Some of the stories he told were unbelievable. He got dropped behind enemy lines one time and was only 1 of 3 to make it back to safety. Thankfully, last year while I was visiting, I was able to record him sharing some of his stories. He didn't know I was recording him speaking, otherwise he never would have talked. He was that humble of a man. Next week marks one year since he's been gone. I still miss him a ton, especially as I think of all the things I won't be able to share with him (the news of our pregnancy, meeting our child, etc.).
Last week at the birth seminar, my husband won a gift certificate to a local baby store. Tonight we used it towards the purchase of a body pillow! I'm hoping the body pillow helps relieve some of the back pain and sleep struggles I'm already having. It was our first "baby" purchase for ourselves.
As if the above purchase wasn't enough, we went to a warehouse sale today with a ton of JJ Cole products. They have some fabulous baby items like Bundleme carseat covers and amazing diaper bags that include changing pads, pacifier pods, and insulated bottle holders. I remember seeing this sale last fall, but I've never been before and considering we'll have a little one (God-willing)before the sale comes around again, DH and I decided to check it out. They had fabulous deals (50-80% off), so we stocked up on a few baby items as well as got SIL's Christmas present (a carseat cover she never got from her registry). So now I have more than one baby item in the house. I can't believe it.
Pregnancy hair. I've heard about it, but until this week, I wasn't sure what it was. I think I know what it is now. My hair is different. Usually in the winter it becomes so dry and brittle that I have to use a ton of moisturizing products. It's usually full of static and dull and flat by the end of the day. Not this week. My hair is shiny and full of body. It must be the pregnancy because our dry winter air has definitely hit. I guess this is good news that the pregnancy is continuing to go well?
I had another progesterone check on Monday morning. Usually by Tuesday morning I'm calling the lab to check the results myself because I'm so antsy to get them before they are sent to my Napro Dr. This week, for whatever reason, I decided I was not going to call the lab until Friday. I don't know where the extra measure of patience came from because it certainly wasn't characteristic of me. Amazingly, I did well waiting all week long. I wondered what my results were, but I didn't spaze out not knowing them. This afternoon rolled around and I still hadn't heard, but just when I thought about calling, my Napro Dr. called with the results. Are you ready for this? My progesterone went from 14.7 two weeks ago to 34.5 this week! Woo hoo! Maybe this is why I've been so dang tired again this week- high progesterone. I'm now high Zone 2, so I'm cutting back to 100mg twice a week. I'm also taking this as another sign that Biscuit continues to grow healthy and strong. I can't say thank you enough, dear Jesus.
I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving. It's been a tradition of ours to invite my current international students over for a traditional American Thanksgiving meal. We are usually never able to travel during the holiday because of his job, and neither of our families come to see us since we're the only ones that live far away. As a result, having students over for their first Thanksgiving has become our special tradition. Last year, we were out of town for my grandfather's funeral and uncle's wedding, so we actually celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. This year, DH and I are reinstating our student tradition. I'm excited because I have such a great group of students this term. I'm not sure how many will come because some will be traveling, but whoever comes will be in for a special feast!
I have a few more posts in the queue waiting to be finished off. It seems I always have more things to post about then time to compose my thoughts and post them. Hopefully, I'll be able to do some this weekend! Stay tuned and have a fabulous weekend.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
I'm so glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well. I think your Thanksgiving tradition sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that your progesterone levels are going up. That's excellent news.
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything is going well with your pregnancy! BTW, my grandfather was also a 101st airborne paratrooper. He fought at Normandy at D-Day. I miss him terribly, as you miss your grandfather.
ReplyDeleteGod bless your grandpop! So glad to hear things are going well, your purchases sound fun!! I got the body pillow and used it for a month, then it buggged me, I sleep w/a regular pillow in betwwen legs, my sleep is bad, I miss sleeping! Lucky you w/ your hair!! Mine is falling out! So nice of you and dh to host thanksgiving!!
ReplyDeleteThat is such wonderful news about your progesterone levels. The Lord is so good!!
ReplyDeleteHe may be gone, but thank you to your Grandpa for serving (my Grandpa was a WWII vet and has been gone 4 years now). I'm a huge WWII nerd and I love me my paratroopers, especially the 101st Airborne. :) I'm glad you got to hear his story. They, among with all the others of the Greatest Generation, have some great stories.
ReplyDeleteGlad your pregnancy is going well. I'm keeping you in my prayers even though you don't know me.
Oh, such GREAT news about your little one and your high progesterone! That's THE best news!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you splurged on baby stuff and a body pillow. I hope it felt really good to make those purchases. I've heard the body pillows really make a difference.