Is anyone else bummed that Advent Prayer Buddies are already over tomorrow? 4 weeks seems to just fly by compared with 6 weeks that we've done during Lent and the summer. I'm thinking we should go from Advent-Epiphany next year...what do you think? That would give us another 2ish weeks. I don't want to stop praying for my Prayer Buddy, and I do so good being disciplined for a certain time frame. Of course, I'll continue praying after Prayer Buddies officially ends, but sometimes I need that extra motivation to stay daily committed.
Tomorrow marks my 1-year blog-o-versary. I can't believe it's only been a year of blogging. It seems like some of the relationships are much deeper than that, but I suppose when we pour our hearts out online, it doesn't take long to get to know another. It all started here. I distinctly remember the low point I was at when I started the blog and how desperate I was for some support from like-minded individuals. What a blessing it's been to be a part of the blogging community for a year. God has spoken to me and through me in so many ways. I can't imagine not being a blogger now!
This marks post #99. I'm almost to 100 posts in a year. That's not too bad...an average of a post every 3-4 days. I feel a giveaway coming soon!
It looks like it's hardly going to be a white Christmas here, which is a little unusual. We had just a dusting of snow this week, but that's all.
I'm so excited for Christmas surprises. Surprise #1 is going to be Skyping with my family Sunday after church. They all get together at my aunt and uncle's house, and since my DH and I aren't there, my aunt is arranging a surprise video Skype. My 89 year-old grandma is going to have a fit. She's never used a computer before and isn't even aware you can talk and see someone at the same time. In the same way, my 62 year-old father is going to be surprised as well. Maybe this will finally motivate him to buy his own laptop and learn how to use a computer.
Surprise #2 is just for my DH and I. At our ultrasound appointment last Friday, we had the tech write down the gender of our baby, along with a CD full of pictures, and put it in a sealed envelope. DH and I are going to open the envelope and finally watch the CD on Christmas Day! I'm so excited!!! But...we're still not telling anyone the gender until Baby arrives. It'll be our little secret, but no one else IRL knows what we did with the envelope....so don't tell.
DH and I both really wanted to find out the gender, but we wanted it to be something special just between us. I didn't want to lie to people for 20 weeks saying we didn't know the gender when we really did. Then I thought of this idea with Christmas because everyone has been asking me what I want for Christmas, and my response all along has been, "a healthy baby." That's truly all I want for Christmas. This is a way to make the healthy baby part of our Christmas Day celebration, and I'm also hoping it means we don't have to lie to people since most everyone close to us has already asked if we found out the gender at the appointment. If people do ask if we know the gender, my line will be, "we didn't find out at the ultrasound." It's not a lie, so I can still sleep at night, yet DH and I still have something special between us and Baby. And what a fun story it will be to tell our child some day.
Merry Christmas to all! May the celebration of the birth of our Savior fill your hearts with peace, joy, and hope this weekend! Especially to those of you waiting....you're on my heart and in my prayers. I clearly remember how difficult Christmas can be to the waiting and IF heart.

I love the envelope idea! That's great! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThe envelope idea is really creative and you are right, you are not lying when you say it like that! :) Have fun with the skyping. Did you decide if you were coming back again before the baby is born? It would be great to see you if it works. I think of you everyday because I pray 2 of the prayers in that prayer book you gave me awhile back - I LOVE it! Thank you again! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAnd a boo hoo as well - we don't have measurable snow - just the light dusting. But hey, Baby B is coming soon - I can live without the snow and don't have to worry about getting stranded during a blizzard or anything like that! So I guess there is a silver lining to all of this!
What a great idea! Love your self control!!! Merry Christmas dear Sister in Christ. Keep the posts a comin'. I am following your thoughts and insights closely! Very closely. I hope this was the most special Christmas ever!
ReplyDeleteWe just realized we might be able to have our baby on the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, May 1st.
Which has sent us over the moon as our family adores St. Joseph.
Happy Feast of the Holy Family!
Love,
Little JoAnn
Awww, such a GREAT idea about the envelope to open on Christmas Day! That has to be THE best present ever!!! Hope you both had a wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a year of blogging! You dad sounds a lot like my mom. Some people just don't like technology.
ReplyDeleteLove the Christmas surprise idea! :)
Thanks, girls! You're so sweet.
ReplyDelete