I can't believe it's June already! Where did May go? May is my favorite month around here because of the temperatures and the scenic beauty, and May is already gone. Tomorrow, June 2nd, is a day forever etched in my mind. I wrote about it last year. What a difference a year makes. I'll snuggle my girl a little closer tomorrow as I remember the two little lives I have yet to meet.
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions about reflux. I started taking a probiotic, am still eliminating high offender foods (those causing the most gas/sensitivities), and we also took Baby R. to the pediatrician this week. He agreed with us that it was most likely reflux and prescribed a small dose of Zantac for her. My preference would be to stay off medication in a one month old, but things were getting really bad and we had tried almost every thing we could think of the past week. We agreed to try the medication for a week and see if we noticed a difference. The good news is her spit ups are way down and she's sleeping a ton better in the evening and some in the daytime. She doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable, but she still has spells of crying in the late afternoon/evening. I'm thinking it might be the Purple crying we learned about in the hospital.
We purchased a swing yesterday. The 1st time we put her in it she didn't care for it, and I got worried we wasted a huge chunk of change, but today when I tried it, she fell asleep and slept in it for 2 hours. Beautiful! It's so nice to have options to get her to fall asleep! I'm thinking my next purchase may need to be a baby sling or wrap, so I can wear her during the daytime some. And to think, I said I didn't want to purchase all those "useless" baby gadgets that I would never use and would only take up space.
We're trying to get ready for more company around here. Next Friday each set of parents is coming to town to meet Baby R. along with our friends (her Godparents) and their kids. They are all coming for her baptism, so it's sure to be a fun-filled, meaningful, full weekend. Our house desperately needs to be picked up and majorly cleaned, but right now I caught a cold this week and it turned into a double ear infection and that isn't happening. I'm starting to stress a bit about everything I would like to get done in the next 7 days!
The good news about going to the pediatrician's this week was we got to weight the baby again. She's up to 7 lb 9 oz, still little, but up 1 lb 2 oz since her lowest discharge weight! She's starting to get a little belly:-) It's cute.
I'm still planning to post the rest of the birth story and her newborn pictures...just as soon as I have some spare minutes.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. No more quick takes for me. Off for another feeding session!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

We love our swing too! It's a MUST! Sometimes Luke likes it and sometimes he doesn't. Right now he's been sleeping in it for about 1-1/2 hours. So mommy can catch up on blogs! :-)
ReplyDeleteI do recommend getting a sling to wear. It's SO nice to have both hands free AND keep your baby close. Plus, if you're out and about, it's nicer to use than the plastic baby carrier/carseat. I don't have a great recommendation, as my aunt gifted us our sling and I'm not sure that it's really that popular. I've heard that the Ergo is good ...
I'm excited for more newborn photos (I'll bet they are ADORABLE), but totally hear you on having enough TIME! Go enjoy that baby!!!
Yes, the swing is AMAZING! Michael takes all his naps in there...I cant get him in the crib for napping yet. Glad your here your update and YAY...she is gaining!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad the Zantac is helping and that R likes the swing. I never heard the acronym PURPLE, but I can attest that our NICU is loudest from 7pm-11pm most evenings :)
ReplyDeleteGlad she's doing better!
ReplyDelete