Monday, July 23, 2012

7 Years!!

Today marks 7 years of marriage!  Wow.  It's hard to believe we've been married that long already, and yet, it could be longer since DH and I met in 1999 and started dating for the 1st time then (we broke up, parted ways/didn't talk, and dated for a 2nd times a few years later).  Hard to believe I've known him for 13 years.
Here we are at our reception after the ceremony.  Ah...the look of naive wedding day bliss.  We had no clue what was coming up ahead in our marriage.  The first year or two was the adjustment of having another person in your life (we had both become very independent living on our own), and then we had 2 years of IF followed by 2 more years of IF with miscarriage loss.  It wasn't until year 6 1/2 that some of that joy started returning to me again like it was at the beginning of our marriage. 

One of the things we have done a lot of as a couple is travel!  I passed the travel bug onto DH, and we've been to Costa Rica, Mexico a few times, Russia, CO, AZ, ID, UT, TX, MN and more as a married couple. Those vacation times were a breath of fresh air in the midst of the darkness of IF.

And here we are at year 7 as a family of three.  Never would I have imagined on our wedding day that this is what the first 7 years of marriage would look like.  And yet, we survived and became stronger as a couple as a result of IF and loss.  For that I am thankful!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! Happy 7 years! I am so glad that the happiness is coming back. Marriage is a challenging vocation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! It's my parents' anniversary too...37 years, I think. They are a great model for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! We have along the same timeline.... ;) I've known hubs for 13 years too! Dated, broke up, met up again and 5 months later married. :)

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 7th Anniversary!!! Beautiful dress! What a beautiful little girl you get to celebrate with this year! :) And travel with, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 7th Anniversary!!!!!!! God Bless!!! SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 7th Anniversary to you both!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very blessed:) what a beautiful story God has written for your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy anniversary! Blessings for an even better 7 years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww!!! Congratulations dear friend!!! Love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete