Friday, June 8, 2012

Newborn Pictures and More

Let's start with the "more" part and then onto the pictures...life has been incredibly busy.  I came down with a cold last week and then I think it turned into double ear infections!  Seriously.  What adult gets double ear infections?  Apparently, me.  I had to go on antibiotics for 10 days, which means Baby R. also had to go on my antibiotics.  Not fun.  Her spit-ups and fussiness are back.  We're waiting to see what happens when I go off the meds...3 1/2 more days.  Oh, and one of my ears is still plugged, by the way.  What the!  I'm hoping the fluid clears up soon.  I'm ready to be done with meds!

And this may well be the sick house because DH has a scratchy throat and Baby R. seems to have lots of congestion in her nose....not fun!  I'm feeling majorly guilty that they both got sick from me, even though I've been on meds for a week.  Still, not fun.  I'm going to make some saline drops and try them in her nose (per her doctor's website) to see if that helps her congestion.

Baby R. is up to 8 pounds now...what a chunko, huh?  She still seems so little, but we can tell she's putting on weight and getting longer.  She is sleeping pretty well at night right now- thank the Lord, but she doesn't like to sleep much during the day, which is strange to me because it's obvious she is tired, but she just fights it.  She's so curious...she'd rather stay awake looking around at everything than sleep.  Yesterday, she slept 11 hours in a 24-hour period!  That just might make me crazy.  Today, she's so tired I think she'll sleep more than that, but the longest she's ever slept in a day (since I've been keeping track) is 15 1/2 hours.  16 hours is the average for someone her age, but some newborns sleep up to 20 hours a day!  Not this kiddo.

Both sets of parents are coming to town today along with good friends of ours and their two kids.  They are all coming for R's baptism on Sunday.  I can't wait.  More on that later, but for now...some of her pictures you've all been waiting for.

This is R at one day old in the hospital.

And here she is at one week old.  Her features changed some from when she was just born.

Who doesn't love naked baby pictures?

And baby pictures with big flowers?  Our photographer said you can get ribbons, bows, flowers, and headbands for newborns on up at Hobby Lobby.  Who knew?  I love Hobby Lobby and went to get some tiny headbands for her (she's been called a boy on numerous occasions already).

This is my 2nd favorite photo from the shoot.


And this is my absolute favorite one!  I think she looks older than a week old here.

Our first family photo.

I'll be back sometime next week after the company leaves.  I still need to finish the birth story!  Don't worry, I will.  And I might have more pictures for you too:-)

13 comments:

  1. Hope you all get to feeling better. Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, hope you start to feel better too. being sick when they are this young must be extremely hard...
    and i have to say, she was like the perfect looking newborn. normally they are all swollen and a little misshapen but she was gorgeous from the get go! and that picture with her eyes open makes her look so much older, you're right!
    and we have a family picture almost identical to yours...i'll have to post it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious baby! congratulations! And, I hope you all get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos. You have a 15 hours sleeper on your hands!!!!

    UGH, that is rough. Don't you just envy those whose babies sleep 20 or at least 16 or at least 15 on a regular basis?????

    11 is rough!!

    But, she is smart! Her one week old shot proves it.

    What a doll.

    Her skin looks so creamy.

    She is a total doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're feeling lousy. Praying you're better soon.

    Love the pictures! I can see why that one is your favorite - so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the purple hat pic!! My fav!! You are so blessed C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is simply beautiful. A wonderful blessing!

    I found out today that I will be in your part of the country the third week of July. I will e-mail you the details. I am not sure how close I will actually be to where you live but I know it is the same state. Maybe, we can meet up again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl! And I hope your ears are all cleared out now. As someone with a LOOONNG acquaintance with infections of the ear variety, you have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the pictures! Darn ... I should have had a professional photographer take Luke's pictures ... R's are ADORABLE!!! (Baby flower hats make me melt ... and the butterfly ensemble ... SWOON!!!) You look GREAT as a family of three! :-)
    We have been getting over sickness in our neck of the woods too. DH had sinus/cold/cough a week before Memorial Day, then I got it, then Luke's had it since a little after Memorial Day and is now finally at the end. It's so tough watching a sick baby. And poor you! Ear infections. OUCH! I hope you're on the mend 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete