I heard this song while I was driving in the car yesterday. It got me a little choked up. You see...I have a hard time grasping God's love for me. His love is unconditional, and yet, I think about it as a conditional love. That's the only thing my human little mind can understand.
I had the hardest time grasping His love for me during the darkest of my IF days. It was as if I thought I should be rewarded as evidence of how much God loves me or how "good" of a person I was. Problem was (and still is), God doesn't function under a reward system. He doesn't just give out babies or heal sicknesses because we are "good." I don't know His rationale for allowing some people to suffer such despair, while it seems as if others coast through life. But I do know that His love for each of those, is exactly the same- totally, completely, and fully loved are they. And me. And you.
During the darkest of our days and the most joyous, His love for us is there. It never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me. And because of that great love for me (us), I'll never have to be afraid (lyrics from song in italics).
And so as I think about an unknown future, a visit to a new place far out of my comfort zone next month, and a potential move, I'm reminded that I need not fear. God (and His love) remain with me.
May you be reminded of that love today.
"One Thing Remains" by Kristian Stanfill
I had the hardest time grasping His love for me during the darkest of my IF days. It was as if I thought I should be rewarded as evidence of how much God loves me or how "good" of a person I was. Problem was (and still is), God doesn't function under a reward system. He doesn't just give out babies or heal sicknesses because we are "good." I don't know His rationale for allowing some people to suffer such despair, while it seems as if others coast through life. But I do know that His love for each of those, is exactly the same- totally, completely, and fully loved are they. And me. And you.
During the darkest of our days and the most joyous, His love for us is there. It never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me. And because of that great love for me (us), I'll never have to be afraid (lyrics from song in italics).
And so as I think about an unknown future, a visit to a new place far out of my comfort zone next month, and a potential move, I'm reminded that I need not fear. God (and His love) remain with me.
May you be reminded of that love today.
"One Thing Remains" by Kristian Stanfill
So beautiful... Thank you for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteI have tissues in my car... I often hear songs that I need to hear! :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the beautiful reminder! Much needed right about now.
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog! It's so encouraging to find other Christians in the blogging world. Love this song and thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete