Monday, May 16, 2011

Blog Neglect and Praise Flower Pots

I'm so sorry, dear Readers, that I've neglected my blog so!  I was in Atlanta for 8 days last week visiting our 15 month-old goddaughter and her family (mom, dad, 4 year-old).  I had a great week and a very bittersweet Mother's Day spent with them. 

Now I'm back to work with the beginning of intensive summer classes.  Life is hectic.  I will blog about my trip when I get the chance to, and if you've sent me an email recently, thank you!  I will respond as soon as I can.

I'll leave you with something that makes me smile.  While in Atlanta, I picked up these solar-powered praise flower to put in my car and at home.  My friend had one in her car, and it just makes me smile. 


Here's the one I put in my car.  It says "peace" and has Isaiah 26:3 on it.  The leaves move up and down and the flower moves back and forth- almost like it's dancing or offering praises.

I got another one for our home and put it in our kitchen window.  This one says "love" and has 1 Corinthians 13:13 on it.

Aren't they the cutest?  They also had other pots that said pray, hope, and friend.  I bought a bunch to give away as gifts, and the best part is they were only $5.  If you have a Family Christian bookstore near you, check them out!  ***Update- Good news!  You can also buy them online.  Go here to order.

May 15th marked another memory verse for the Scripture Challenge I'm doing this year.  I choose this one:  Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that confess his name.   Hebrews 13:15

It goes along with my praise flower pots and I love the idea of a "sacrifice of praise."  Because of what Jesus has done for me, I should praise Him daily, but because of my sinful nature (my desires, wants, attitudes, judgements, my hurts, etc.), I sometimes don't feel like offering praise- especially going through infertility!  Sometimes it is hard to offer praise, and that's where the sacrifice comes in- I sacrifice my sinful human nature give praise to God for what He has done in sending His Son.

5 comments:

  1. Love your praise flowers!!! Next time we're in the US I'll have to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jelly Belly! If I can get any more, I'd be happy to send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Rita's Roses- they are also available to order online!! I've added the link to my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be??? Woo Hoo! A plant that I can't kill!! : ) So cute, too. Definitely have to get ahold of one.

    Glad you're home safely from your trip. By the way, thank you for your prayers! : )

    ReplyDelete