Friday, September 16, 2011

And the Verdict is....

A new chapter seems to be beginning!!!

The ultrasound went so well today- better than we could have expected.  The tech only did an abdominal scan because he could see everything he needed to. He saw the yolk sac and fetal pole.  He saw my tilted uterus.  He saw my left ovary, which looked great.  He measured my uterus.  He tried to find my right ovary, but my bowel was covering it!  Can you believe that?  I didn't know the bowel could move.  My bowel gave us all something to laugh about.  I think I ovulated from the right side, so I would have liked to see if that's where the corpus luteum was (it didn't seem to be on the left).

But before seeing all of the above things, we saw the baby measuring 6 weeks and 1 day.  Exactly where I think I am.  The baby was 4 mm- the size of a grain of rice.  We saw good blood flow to the baby.  We saw the heart beat AND we heard the heart beat at 109 bpm.  Amazing!!  He let us just listen to the heartbeat for a bit.

I think the tech was even amazed that we could see and hear everything we did because it was so early.  He was great though.  His wife went through 6 miscarriages and now they have 5 kids through adoption and natural means.  I think he definitely sympathized with us on pregnancy number 3 and talked to us the whole time through the ultrasound.  That is exactly what I needed.

I kept thinking of Ephesians 3:20 where it talks about God who is able to do immeasurably (or abundantly) more than all we ask or imagine according to his power at work within us (my paraphrase).  And then verse 21 goes on to say to God be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever.  Amen! (paragraph again).

God did so much more than I could have even imagined or hoped for by enabling me to get in for that ultrasound appointment the day after I called, by making it an early appointment so I didn't have to fret all day, and then by showing us everything He did so clearly and enabling us to even hear the heartbeat.  I truly am in shock and awe.  I do not feel worthy to be carrying this life inside of me.

I know we're still not out of the woods yet as far as miscarriage risk goes.  We still have several weeks in front of us to get through before the risk goes way down, but we have made it further than we ever have before with a pregnancy by seeing and hearing the heart beat.  We lost the first pregnancy at 6 weeks 3 days, so I've actually been pregnant longer, but I'm starting to feel confident that this one might actually make it another 34 weeks!

Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of life in my womb.  I know it truly is a gift from You.  I don't know why you chose me and why at this time, but help me to cherish this gift each and every day.  Help me to trust in You and Your goodness for my life.  Forgive me for all the doubt and fear I've had lately not trusting You.  Thank you.

19 comments:

  1. So. Thrilled for you ALL!!!!

    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific news! What a great start to the weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! That is wonderful news. You are one week ahead of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the sight of that little heartbeat amazing?! Prayers for a continued healthy baby and pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! How wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!!! I have been anxious to get back online tonight and see your update! To God be the Glory!!!!! Congratulations, everything sounds amazing and wonderful!!!!! Grow, baby, Grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful! I'm so glad everything went so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipee! Great, great news! Praying.... So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God! So glad to hear your good news! :) Continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. C, so glad to hear everything went so well!! Isn't hearing the heartbeat the best!!! God bless ya mama!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cONGRATULATIONS!!!! What terrific news, I know you must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I've been meaning to stop over after you left some encouraging and sweet comments over at my blog. I am so excited to read that you are expecting! Please be assured of my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and I can't wait to go back and read all about your Napro experience and how you got here!

    ReplyDelete