Thursday, September 29, 2011

Prayer Buddy Reveal

This was only my 2nd time participating in Prayer Buddies, but it was still so much fun.  The first time around I was introduced to new bloggers through the person I prayed for and the one who prayed for me.  This time around, I actually already knew my prayer buddy before the assignment, so I didn't have to be an anonymous reader until the reveal.  In fact, I felt way sneaky this time around, and I kind of enjoyed it.

I started out praying for my prayer buddy as she had recently had surgery a few months prior.  I prayed for her body to continue healing from that surgery, and I also prayed for guidance and wisdom as she contemplated starting a new IF support group after a recent move.  My prayers quickly shifted when she found out she was pregnant!  How great it was to be able to comment, email, and text words of encouragement to her while she probably didn't suspect me as her prayer buddy.  I prayed for her baby to be safe through falling progesterone and her lack of pregnancy symptoms and then I rejoiced with her over her great, first ultrasound appointment.

How amazing it was to have been used as God's instrument through prayer in her life during these first few weeks of her pregnancy.  It was easy to sympathize and pray for her as I experienced some of the same fears and worries she did (falling progesterone, lack of symptoms, etc.).  I was honored to pray for: Matching Moonheads (and Baby Moonhead as well).  A- please know I will continue to pray for you through this pregnancy.  I feel like God has connected us these past few weeks and I can't wait to journey together.

And a special thanks to my prayer buddy this summer who prayed me through the first few crazy weeks of this pregnancy!  Thank you, thank you!

Only 2 months until Advent!  I'm assuming we're doing Advent Prayer Buddies again?  I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. ahhh!!!! i had no idea! wow, well, i have loved having you pray for me, especially now knowing that you were my prayer buddy too! this has been great sharing this new journey with you and I do hope we get to meet one day! i'd love to come up there and do some, ahem, evangelizing while we're at it :)

    Thank you so much for your prayers!!

    Oh yeah, and still no nausea but my husband said I look "thicker" yesterday, which was probably the only time he could tell me that and have me jump for joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, ha, ha. You are welcome to come any time.

    And I should clarify- I would have prayed for you even if I wasn't your prayer buddy. It just made it extra special that I was.

    And thicker is good! It means your uterus is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet your butt we're doing Advent PBs ;)

    So glad to hear you were praying for MM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I have been a reader of your blog for a while and just started my own. I wanted to let you know that your writing inspires me and gives me hope. Thank you for sharing your story! Also, I would love to participate in the next prayer buddies. There is such a beautiful network of ladies here and I want to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete