Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Progesterone Update: Much Better!

Well, I am doing much better today.  Thank you for your prayers, emails, and blog comments.  I got some good news on my progesterone, which helps me feel like this pregnancy might be the one that sticks.  While I was in the shower this morning (it's my deep reflection time, you know), I thought about the phone call I had yesterday with the secretary at the nurse's office where I had my blood drawn.  I realized that the progesterone results were the last ones she told me and I didn't think to ask what the date of that lab was, but I had a hunch she was just reading me my P+6 results since I had them done at an affiliated lab that would show up in her computer.  And whenever I have progesterone drawn, it's sent to the Big City, so the results take a day to get back.  I don't know why I didn't think of that before!

I knew the nurse's office was closed today (because that just seems to be how my luck goes), but I decided to stop by the hospital on my way home from work and request copies of my medical record. I knew the progesterone number from yesterday would be entered into my medical record- I've done this before:-), and sure enough it was.  My progesterone yesterday was 27!!  Woo hoo.  It did go up from 16 at P+6 to 27 yesterday, which puts it in Zone 3.  My body is producing more progesterone on it's own.  Thank you, Lord.  I'm still continuing with the shots, but it is so nice to know my body detects the pregnancy and is trying to do something on its own to sustain it.  That gives me hope that my HCG numbers will have doubled by tomorrow.

We've already cleared the first hurdle....we made it further than the 2nd pregnancy.  Now we just need to clear the second (and much, much scarier) hurdle...make it further than the 1st pregnancy.  Once I clear those dates/appointments, I think I will breathe a huge sigh of relief.  I'm sure I'll still be anxious throughout the pregnancy (I have PCOS, infertility, and pregnancy loss to thank for that), but I think it will be much less.

I am feeling so much more upbeat and optimistic today.  This might really be it!!  And yet at the same time, I feel so humbled and unworthy to carry this gift or receive your prayers.  There are so many of you amazing, faithful bloggers out there that are as much or more deserving of a pregnancy.  It's those of you still waiting that I'm thinking of particularly today.  Whether it's waiting to meet your spouse or waiting for a child in your home, these are the people on my heart today (in no particular order):

Hebrews 11:1
Patiently Waiting
Isaiah 55:8-9
I Must Have Prayed for Patience
Faith Makes Things Possible....Not Easy
Made for Another World
Be Not Afraid
Jelly Belly
What If God Says No
non-blogger D.
Polkadot
Catholic Mutt
Alive in Hope
NFP Fertility Help
Love Came Down
Blessed Be Lord
More Than Anything
Mrs. Henderson
His Perfect Timing
Infertile Catholic
TCIE

So ladies, please know that I am praying for each one of you!  I am praying that your period of waiting is coming to an end soon!  (And I apologize if I forgot you.  This is just who comes to mind at the moment.)

11 comments:

  1. Your post brought me to tears. You are an amzingly kind woman and I will continue to pray for you and your miracle. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts while you are going through so much. I am so glad that you have good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!
    I am so very happy for you! So happy!
    What an amazing answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! You are too sweet!

    Praise be to God for the great progesterone numbers...praying they continue to rock it throughout this pregnancy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet!

    I'm so glad the progesterone went up!! YAY!!!!

    Praying for you and baby! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet and totally made my day! I'm so glad to hear that progesterone went up, and prayers are still headed your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for your progesterone level!!! Praying that it continues to go well!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried while reading your post... You are so thoughtful, and I am touched that you included me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know... my heart is just happy! First - for you and those numbers! And second - I really appreciate your prayers! Thank you so much for thinking of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been thinking about you and praying for you today especially. I am so glad your progesterone is moviing along and now for that HCG! And thank you soooo much for the return prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crying happy tears over here too. What wonderful news! Thank you God. Thanks for the prayers- I can feel them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SUPER late to the party... omgosh, just saw your comment on matchingmoonheads...

    CONGRATS!!! How exciting!!

    And thank you, also for the prayers :)

    ReplyDelete